Recipe by Michael Lee
A twist on a classic, this Campfire Toddy is prepared with gin and Waterpocket Oread, a botanical liqueur produced locally in Utah. If you can't get Oread, Michael suggests substituting with Genepy. Find both batch and single-drink recipes below.
- 2 ½ cups of water
- ½ cup of honey
- ¾ cup of lemon juice
- ½ cup of Waterpocket Oread Liqueur
- 1 ½ cups of Ransom dry gin
- 1 oz of Angostura bitters
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 8 bay leaves
- 2 medium-sized ginger roots, chopped and muddled
- Add cinnamon sticks to small
- Place pot over heat and roast cinnamon sticks until they start smoking. Add remaining ingredients to the Dutch oven. Bring to boil while stirring. Strain and serve.
- 2 coins ginger, muddled
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- ¾ oz lemon Juice
- ¾ oz honey
- ½ oz Waterpocket Oread Liqueur (substitute Genepy Liqueur)
- 1 ½ oz Ransom dry gin
- 2 oz hot water
- Cinnamon stick and bay leaf garnish
Heat up the mug with hot water before pouring in ingredients. Once the mug is hot, pour out hot water, pour all ingredients in the mug, swirl, and top with hot water. Garnish and serve.