Cast Iron Skillet Lid
Increase your cooking capabilities and temperature control with the Cast Iron Skillet Lid. Ideal for improving moisture retention and achieving that perfect level of texture and concentrated flavor. Keep food in the pan, not splattered on the stove. Our unique iron and steel design means no cracking or breaking with rapid temperature change, and 15% lighter weight than similar cast iron products.
Available in 8", 10", and 12" sizes to fit corresponding Barebones Cast Iron Skillets.
Made For A Lifetime
The process for forging Barebones cast iron contains no coincidence. With meticulous artistry and craftsmanship, each piece is pre-seasoned with natural, organic oils. And by leaving the surface ever so raw and rugged, the oils are better absorbed, providing a better cooking surface from the very first use. Unlike other cast iron, it isn’t necessary to wash or scrub Barebones cast iron before use - we don’t use any resins to cover imperfections. We deliver lasting cast iron pieces that are as naturally beautiful as they are durable.
After seasoning, our cast iron is packaged and shipped to its new home. Move it directly from package to stove, oven, or fire pit. Pre-seasoned and free of harmful chemicals, your cast iron is ready to use.
We do something a little different with our cast iron that sets it apart from other cast iron cookware - we strengthen it with steel. By adding a greater portion of steel than other cast iron makers, each piece is better tempered to handle rapid temperature change without the cracking or breaking that typically occurs in more iron-dense products. This also allows our cast iron to be 15% lighter than similar cast iron products, offering smoother handling and a more agile cooking experience.
Enhanced durability in a lighter finished product is a staple of Barebones cast iron. But the real magic lies in the cooking experience.
From rich stews and soft breads, to cast iron chicken and crisp desserts, our cast iron delivers a culinary experience worthy of passing onto your next generation.
Those who cook with Barebones cast iron immediately notice a difference in texture from other cast iron products: it’s raw and rugged, yet primed to develop a smooth, glassy texture through time and cooking. We leave the surface just raw enough to allow for better effects in our pre-seasoning process and the cooking experience. Highly raw and grainy cast iron is typically treated with resin-based sealants to cover imperfections and weaker areas that may crack over time. Barebones cast iron is not.
- FRFraances R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I choose Barebones because... SustainabilityI use my Barebones product when I'm… At home, In the kitchen, In the yard, OtherRated 5 out of 5 stars6 days agoGreat Quality
Heavy Duty Made Of Good Quality,DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- GBGerald B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I choose Barebones because... Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… Camping, In the kitchen, Open fire cookingRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoGood addition to my collection
I bought the skillet & lid for my collection. I've done the initial seasoning, but haven't used them yet.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- SJSeth J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I choose Barebones because... B Corp Certification, Product Aesthetic, Quality Craftsmanship, Support Small, SustainabilityI use my Barebones product when I'm… At homeRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoRecommend
Lid is great, no complaints.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- GAGary A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoPerfect fit
Got it to use for a 8 inch skillet by different skillet maker and it fits perfectly
- HHHarry H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat
Very satisfied with the product
We Stand Behind Our Products
Barebones stands behind the quality of all of our products. Each item we make is meticulously thought out in-house by our team of passionate designers. We sell these products because we love them, we use them, and we want you to enjoy them too. They are meant to elevate your outdoor experience and withstand all normal rugged wear and tear.
We also consciously work with manufacturers that exceed our standards for excellence and safety. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order you are always welcome to use our 30 day return policy or let us know how we can make them better.