Hori Hori Ultimate
Originally designed to mimic the popular Japanese Garden Knife, hori hori roughly translates to “dig dig”. This hearty, multi-purpose tool is built for versatility. Pound in tent stakes with the flat pommel base. Measure planting depth with the handy inch marks. Saw a branch or whittle kindling with the rust-resistant doubled edge. Made for use in the backyard, camping, bush-crafting, or anywhere you need it.
Smooth and durable walnut handle seamlessly fits with the heat-tempered 6 ¾" pointed blade for a tool that just feels good in your hand. Added twine cutter doubles as a bottle opener, so you can enjoy a refreshing beverage of your choice after a hard day’s work.
The ultimate shield for the ultimate tool, the Hori Hori Sheath unites utility and design. Made of 900D polyester with an interior liner, it weathers real-world use while protecting the blade from dulling. Stainless steel belt clip supports easy carrying and accessibility, while the strong handle strap restricts the blade from slipping or moving. Open-end allows for easy cleaning and prevents soil buildup, preserving the blade for years of continued use. Accented with full-grain leather and copper to complement the rest of our Woodsman Collection.
See the Barebones Hori Hori Ultimate in action. Watch as our founder highlights his favorite features and explains why it’s one of his most-used tools.
Choose your Hori Hori Ultimate, Sheath, or Hori Hori Ultimate & Sheath from the selection above
- EEEamon E.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Product AestheticI use my Barebones product when I'm… GardeningRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoNice design and efficient
This looks great and is a useful tool. Well made.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- SHStefanie H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Product Aesthetic, Support SmallI use my Barebones product when I'm… Gardening, In the yard, CampingRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoTool envy
I love this knife! It has been so useful to me in my gardening tasks. It seems to have created some tool envy among those that have seen me using it in the garden where I volunteer frequently! Im certain that at least one of these people has since ordered one of their own.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- JCJesse C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Product Aesthetic, Sustainability, Humanitarian WorkI use my Barebones product when I'm… At home, Camping, Gardening, In the yardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoExcellent
TDesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- NGNancy G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I choose Barebones because... ReferralI use my Barebones product when I'm… Gardening, At homeRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoBest tool ever!
I love my new Hori Hori Ultimate. It does everything. I can repot my older plants without damaging the fine roots. It is easy to hold and it slides through the soil easily. It has be -3 degrees here where I live so I haven’t been able to get outside in my garden yet, but my house plants are happy in their new pots. I can’t wait to get to my garden it’s going to be great fun and less struggle.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- BCBill C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I choose Barebones because... B Corp Certification, Support Small, Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… At home, Bushcrafting, Foraging, Gardening, HikingRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoHori Hori Ultimate
This is a tough piece of equipment. I'm rough on tools but take good care of them and put this to the test digging out some invasive privet bushes by their roots. Sawed through the roots like butter. Great work on this one Barebones.DesignRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
We Stand Behind Our Products
Barebones stands behind the quality of all of our products. Each item we make is meticulously thought out in-house by our team of passionate designers. We sell these products because we love them, we use them, and we want you to enjoy them too. They are meant to elevate your outdoor experience and withstand all normal rugged wear and tear.
We also consciously work with manufacturers that exceed our standards for excellence and safety. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order you are always welcome to use our 30 day return policy or let us know how we can make them better.