Japanese Nata Hatchet
A nod towards the timeless design of Japanese implements, the Nata Hatchet is as handsome as it is functional. The 7” easy-sharpen blade features 5mm thick 4Cr14MoV full-tang stainless steel, ideal for all-around outdoor work. With a wide bevel and serious heft, this hatchet handles controlled chopping, kindling splitting, and trimming with ease. The extra-long edge makes it a go-to for pruning, debarking, and removing limbs. Durable, smooth hardwood walnut handle reduces vibration in hand and resists cracking over time. Intentional details like the copper lanyard ring elevate this hatchet to an impressive quality. The Nata Hatchet is the perfect outdoor tool to add to your wilderness arsenal.
The ultimate shield for the ultimate tool, Nata Sheath unites utility and design. Made of 900D polyester with an interior liner, it weathers real-world use while protecting the blade from dulling. Stainless steel belt clip supports easy carrying and accessibility, while the strong handle strap restricts the blade from slipping or moving. Open-end allows for easy cleaning and prevents soil buildup, preserving the blade for years of continued use. Accented with full-grain leather and copper to complement the rest of our Woodsman Collection.
- ESEdna S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Humanitarian Work, Sustainability, Support Small, Product AestheticI use my Barebones product when I'm… Camping, Hiking, Trailer/van campingRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoGreat gift!
I bought it for my son as he is traveling cross country soon.
He really likes it, much more than his old hatchet.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- JSJUDY S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Product Aesthetic, SustainabilityI use my Barebones product when I'm… At home, Camping, Gardening, In the yard, Open fire cookingRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoSturdy tool
This hatchet feels heavy in a nice way, very sturdy and well balanced weight. I like the shape of the blade, it makes it versatile. The sheath is great too, fits perfectly and easy to store or transport.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- BBaldlarsVerified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I choose Barebones because... Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… Gardening, At home, In the yard, OtherRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoAlmost perfect ...
First & foremost ... I like the design and the quality of the blade. It has a good heft and a sharp edge. The sheath is well designed and I like the fact that, unlike leather, it does more to protect the carbon steel from moisture while in storage.
Now I do have one minor issue ... and it's the handle. While I find it to be at a very good length, it is unfortunately a little too narrow in diameter. The handle is also very smooth and pretty "slippery," with no other design feature to prevent my hand from traveling up and down the handle while in use. Having said that, I still think this is a great product.DesignRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- JSJeff S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I choose Barebones because... Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… OtherRated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoQuality
It's got nice heft and balance to it. As with all the other tools I have gotten from Barebones, it's a QUALITY product. Great as a gift or personal use.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- JBJim B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Support Small, Product AestheticI use my Barebones product when I'm… At home, Trailer/van campingRated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoThat’s a good hatchet!
Great ergonomic design, well made, sharp.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
We Stand Behind Our Products
Barebones stands behind the quality of all of our products. Each item we make is meticulously thought out in-house by our team of passionate designers. We sell these products because we love them, we use them, and we want you to enjoy them too. They are meant to elevate your outdoor experience and withstand all normal rugged wear and tear.
We also consciously work with manufacturers that exceed our standards for excellence and safety. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order you are always welcome to use our 30 day return policy or let us know how we can make them better.