Cast Iron Flat Pan
Made For A Lifetime
The process for forging Barebones cast iron contains no coincidence. With meticulous artistry and craftsmanship, each piece is pre-seasoned with natural, organic oils. And by leaving the surface ever so raw and rugged, the oils are better absorbed, providing a better cooking surface from the very first use. Unlike other cast iron, it isn’t necessary to wash or scrub Barebones cast iron before use - we don’t use any resins to cover imperfections. We deliver lasting cast iron pieces that are as naturally beautiful as they are durable.
After seasoning, our cast iron is packaged and shipped to its new home. Move it directly from package to stove, oven, or fire pit. Pre-seasoned and free of harmful chemicals, your cast iron is ready to use.
We do something a little different with our cast iron that sets it apart from other cast iron cookware - we strengthen it with steel. By adding a greater portion of steel than other cast iron makers, each piece is better tempered to handle rapid temperature change without the cracking or breaking that typically occurs in more iron-dense products. This also allows our cast iron to be 15% lighter than similar cast iron products, offering smoother handling and a more agile cooking experience.
Enhanced durability in a lighter finished product is a staple of Barebones cast iron. But the real magic lies in the cooking experience.
From rich stews and soft breads, to cast iron chicken and crisp desserts, our cast iron delivers a culinary experience worthy of passing onto your next generation.
Those who cook with Barebones cast iron immediately notice a difference in texture from other cast iron products: it’s raw and rugged, yet primed to develop a smooth, glassy texture through time and cooking. We leave the surface just raw enough to allow for better effects in our pre-seasoning process and the cooking experience. Highly raw and grainy cast iron is typically treated with resin-based sealants to cover imperfections and weaker areas that may crack over time. Barebones cast iron is not.
- VLVivian L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I choose Barebones because... Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… At home, Open fire cookingRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoFlat pan
Perfect, just wish there wasn’t two glue spots on the faceDesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- BJBruce J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Product Aesthetic, Support SmallI use my Barebones product when I'm… At homeRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoGreat design
This griddle style pan works well. The cast iron surface has an even fine grain from the casting and the handle is comfortable when lifting or moving. It comes nicely pre-seasoned and is relatively non-stick right out of the box, requiring minimal oil. The unique design with the lower front and higher back rim helps with flipping and turning whatever your cooking.
So far I've used it for multiple batches of pancakes and fried potatoes, with good results each time. Definitely happy with this pan and it should only get better with time.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- JCJarrett C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44I choose Barebones because... Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… OtherRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoDense
This flat iron is dense and more consistent smoothness then most others. Kudos for figuring out how to make cast iron relatively smooth.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- GCGerald C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Support SmallI use my Barebones product when I'm… At home, GiftingRated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoHigh Quality
Seems to be very well made. When you pick up this pan, it’ll take some effort because it’s pretty heavy. I like it, time will tell if it holds up well.DesignRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- TLTine L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoit is gorgeous but have not used it yet
xmas gift...it is only novemb3er
We Stand Behind Our Products
Barebones stands behind the quality of all of our products. Each item we make is meticulously thought out in-house by our team of passionate designers. We sell these products because we love them, we use them, and we want you to enjoy them too. They are meant to elevate your outdoor experience and withstand all normal rugged wear and tear.
We also consciously work with manufacturers that exceed our standards for excellence and safety. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order you are always welcome to use our 30 day return policy or let us know how we can make them better.