Hori Hori Classic
First implemented in Japan, the Hori Hori Classic digging tool was originally used for careful and methodical excavating of plants, such as Sansai, in the mountains. Barebones’ unique take on this classic implement was designed with garden work in mind. Its rounded top and serrated sides make it ideal for scooping, digging, and pulling weeds. Equipped with a heat-tempered, hollowback blade, full stainless steel tang, and comfortable walnut handle, the Barebones Hori Hori Classic is the diverse garden tool you can use for a lifetime. Intentionally added twine cutter doubles as a bottle opener, so you can enjoy your choice of refreshing beverage after a hard day's work.
The Hori Hori Classic Sheath unites utility and design. Made of 900D polyester with an interior liner, it weathers real-world use while protecting the blade from dulling. Stainless steel belt clip supports easy carrying and accessibility, while the strong handle strap restricts the blade from slipping or moving. Open-end allows for easy cleaning and prevents soil buildup, preserving the blade for years of continued use.
Choose your Hori Hori Classic, Sheath, or Hori Hori Classic & Sheath from the selection above
- MMMagnolia M.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I choose Barebones because... Product Aesthetic, B Corp Certification, Quality Craftsmanship, Sustainability, Support SmallI use my Barebones product when I'm… Entertaining, Bushcrafting, Foraging, Gardening, Trailer/van campingRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoWORTH IT!! 🌿😍
This thing cuts like butter. I use it all the time and when I have it on my hip people think twice. It opens cans, beers and the earth like it's no problem.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- CHCarol H.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… GardeningRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoSerious tool for serious gardener!
I have owned several hori hori knives and sadly they have broken. This one is much better! I will have a hard time breaking it! I’ve been trying for 2 years now! Well made and the single best tool in my garden!DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- ABAnthony B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I choose Barebones because... Customer Service, Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… GardeningRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoGardener
It is my absolute favorite gardening tool. I use it for practically everything.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- SCShay C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44I choose Barebones because... Customer ServiceI use my Barebones product when I'm… Gardening, In the yardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoAwesome
Super strong, looks good. It is perfect. Thank you!DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- EHEdward H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I choose Barebones because... Customer Service, Humanitarian Work, Quality Craftsmanship, SustainabilityI use my Barebones product when I'm… GiftingRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoA gift.
Good quality, and craftsmanship. I'm sure it will be put to work, and much appreciated.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
We Stand Behind Our Products
Barebones stands behind the quality of all of our products. Each item we make is meticulously thought out in-house by our team of passionate designers. We sell these products because we love them, we use them, and we want you to enjoy them too. They are meant to elevate your outdoor experience and withstand all normal rugged wear and tear.
We also consciously work with manufacturers that exceed our standards for excellence and safety. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order you are always welcome to use our 30 day return policy or let us know how we can make them better.