Japanese Nata Tool
Clear brush, strip bark, plank wood, make kindling–all with one thoughtfully-crafted tool. Inspired by a traditional Japanese implement and constructed with heritage-quality materials, our Japanese Nata Tool unites versatile function and refined durability. The stainless steel machete-like blade and a solid steel core that extends through the length of the hardwood handle lend stability and greater swinging weight yet it still packs thin and light, making it an essential addition to any collection.
- BDBenjamin D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44I choose Barebones because... Customer Service, Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… Camping, Hiking, In the yard, Gardening, TravelingRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoExcellent Customer Service
I had a problem with my nata tool and they replaced the tool promptly. I take this to the woods with me every week and use the heck out of it. It’s my go to and I love it.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- MCMatt C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Customer Service, SustainabilityI use my Barebones product when I'm… At home, Camping, GardeningRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoGreat tool, solid warranty
I love the tool and used it to cut brush etc., at home and at camp. The blade did break after a couple of years however, I reached out to Barebones and they are sending me a new one! Impressed they took the initiative to follow up and get one in route so quickly. I certainly didn't expect to have it replaced. I will say, it's clear from the photo I sent them it was not banged up like I had abused it on rocks or something. I did take good care to keep from chipping the blade so it remained sharp. Speaking of sharp, it holds an edge very well! I will be giving one of these to my son-in-law (along with other tools) for their house warming gift later this fall.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- LSLouis S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I choose Barebones because... Customer ServiceI use my Barebones product when I'm… At homeRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoExcellent product, excellent customer service
The blade is well made, very sharp and do i does the job I intended for it. I did need to use their customer service department and their response was fast and excellently replied and resolved my issue.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- TPTed P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Customer ServiceI use my Barebones product when I'm… Other, In the yardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoIt’s a great title. The title fits the tool. In fact it’s the name. I don’t know… review title?
Great tool. Strong hardened steel. Pretty much cut through anything with its weight and ability to keep its edge. The short stature makes it ideal for getting through brush and things. It’s my favorite machete, for sure.DesignRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- KDKarin D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Rated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoExceptional Tool
I bought this as a birthday gift. Initially, my husband was reluctant since he already had a machete. But once we ventured into our woods, we were blown away by the Japanese Napa Tool. It cut everything in its path - like that scarf trick where the knife slices the air and you don't think it did anything, but the scarf is in two. It's that good. And so beautifully made and balanced. And with a grip that is secure in your hand. My husband said he loves it.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
We Stand Behind Our Products
Barebones stands behind the quality of all of our products. Each item we make is meticulously thought out in-house by our team of passionate designers. We sell these products because we love them, we use them, and we want you to enjoy them too. They are meant to elevate your outdoor experience and withstand all normal rugged wear and tear.
We also consciously work with manufacturers that exceed our standards for excellence and safety. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order you are always welcome to use our 30 day return policy or let us know how we can make them better.