Hori Hori Ultimate
Originally designed to mimic the popular Japanese Garden Knife, hori hori roughly translates to “dig dig”. This hearty, multi-purpose tool is built for versatility. Pound in tent stakes with the flat pommel base. Measure planting depth with the handy inch marks. Saw a branch or whittle kindling with the rust-resistant doubled edge. Made for use in the backyard, camping, bush-crafting, or anywhere you need it.
Smooth and durable walnut handle seamlessly fits with the heat-tempered 6 ¾" pointed blade for a tool that just feels good in your hand. Added twine cutter doubles as a bottle opener, so you can enjoy a refreshing beverage of your choice after a hard day’s work.
The ultimate shield for the ultimate tool, the Hori Hori Sheath unites utility and design. Made of 900D polyester with an interior liner, it weathers real-world use while protecting the blade from dulling. Stainless steel belt clip supports easy carrying and accessibility, while the strong handle strap restricts the blade from slipping or moving. Open-end allows for easy cleaning and prevents soil buildup, preserving the blade for years of continued use. Accented with full-grain leather and copper to complement the rest of our Woodsman Collection.
See the Barebones Hori Hori Ultimate in action. Watch as our founder highlights his favorite features and explains why it’s one of his most-used tools.
Choose your Hori Hori Ultimate, Sheath, or Hori Hori Ultimate & Sheath from the selection above
- TWThomas W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Quality CraftsmanshipRated 5 out of 5 stars22 hours agoAwesome tool
Very sharp tool with multiple uses. You could take this into battle and be happy with itDesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- JPJenny P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I choose Barebones because... Customer Service, Quality Craftsmanship, Humanitarian WorkI use my Barebones product when I'm… Gardening, In the yardRated 5 out of 5 starsYesterdayPositive review
I love my new hori hori knife, but it’s almost too beautiful to use! I’m still using the old one!DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- LBliesa b.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Product AestheticI use my Barebones product when I'm… Gardening, In the yardRated 5 out of 5 starsYesterdayHori Hori Ultimate
Purchased this for a friend and she absolutely loves it.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- EErinVerified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44I choose Barebones because... Product Aesthetic, Support SmallI use my Barebones product when I'm… Open fire cooking, In the yard, In the kitchen, Gardening, CampingRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoMy favorite garden companion
Given all the random tasks in the garden, it's great to have a tool that can come along for most of them. I received this for Christmas and it's now gone through spring and a lot of summer planting and garden prep with me. It feels study and while I can see why some would thing it heavy, I haven't found that to be a problem.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- LMLuke M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44I choose Barebones because... Product Aesthetic, Quality Craftsmanship, Support SmallI use my Barebones product when I'm… At an event, At home, Gardening, Bushcrafting, In the yardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 weeks agoPerfect for Greenkeepers
I am a Greenkeeper at a Top 25 Golf Club in Arizona (GolfPass, 2023) & was in search of the perfect tool to help perfect details of the course, while increasing my confidence in my work. This The Barebones Hori Hori Ultimate + Sheath more than fit the bill. I use it to perform multiple tasks w/ greater speed & efficiency. Plus, it’s cool to look like Rambo or Leonidas while working on a Par 3!DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
We Stand Behind Our Products
Barebones stands behind the quality of all of our products. Each item we make is meticulously thought out in-house by our team of passionate designers. We sell these products because we love them, we use them, and we want you to enjoy them too. They are meant to elevate your outdoor experience and withstand all normal rugged wear and tear.
We also consciously work with manufacturers that exceed our standards for excellence and safety. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order you are always welcome to use our 30 day return policy or let us know how we can make them better.