Photos and Recipe By Melanie Hutti; Gypsy Hill Photography
I love a side dish that can be paired with either a vegetable-centered meal or as an accent to a beautiful cut of meat. Brussel sprouts, with their charred, crunchy goodness, master double duty, especially when wrapped in bacon. When cooked on a grill, the drippings can even be caught to season another dish.
To prepare the Brussels, slice off the tough stem from the end. You can now either slice each Brussel in half, to ensure complete cooking on the grill, or par-cook by steaming for 5-8 minutes, depending on the size of the sprouts.
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts
Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 40 min
- 12 brussel sprouts
- 12 strips of bacon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic (optional)
- Italian herd blend (optional)
- Grated parmesan (optional)
- Heat your grill to a medium heat while prepping, to ensure a good sear.
- Wrap each Brussel (or half-slice) in a small piece of cut bacon and slide carefully onto a Cowboy Grill Steel Skewer.
- Brush a small amount of olive oil on the skewered Brussels and season with salt and pepper. (These need very little seasoning with the flavorful bacon addition.)
- Place on grill and cook for 5-7 minutes (or until the sprouts and bacon are charred slightly), then turn and repeat on the other side.
After grilling, these can be brushed with a balsamic glaze, topped with a parmesan and Italian herb blend, or simply enjoyed solo with their bacon-wrapped goodness.
Melanie Hutti is the stay-at-home gypsy of Gypsy Hill Farm located in central Kentucky. She loves to travel, but equally loves her time on her farm with her husband and two teenage sons. She is a full-time Occupational Therapist in the public schools, where she uses gardening as a therapeutic activity for her students with exceptional needs. She spends her evenings and summers off in her garden and behind the camera with her hobby photography business, Gypsy Hill Photography. She loves cooking, canning, and serving as a missionary in Haiti. She is a collector of hobbies and loves anything food and nature centered.