Recipe by Rasheed Philips & Team, Photos by Rasheed Philips & Team
Fajitas are an easy-to-make yet filling meal for those evenings when you arrive at camp and don’t want the hassle of all the preparation. An open fire is a perfect way to quickly cook the main ingredients while doubling as a campfire for the evening.
· · ·
How to Make
Easy Grilled Steak Fajitas
- 1 Sirloin steak
- 1 red pepper, whole
- 1 green pepper, whole
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Enamel mixing bowls
- No. 8 Chef knife
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Cowboy Grill Tongs
- Heavy Duty Grill Grate
- Allow the steak to come to room temperature.
- In a bowl, season the steak with salt, pepper, and Mexican oregano.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over the steak.
- Heat the grill over an open fire.
- Place the steak on the grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- While the steak is cooking, place the peppers on the grill. Cook until they are charred.
- Remove the steak and peppers from the grill. Slice the steak and peppers into strips and serve solo or with avocado, sour cream, & cilantro.
Making his international culinary debut on what The New York Times ranked as one of the top shows of 2020, Rasheed Philips was a breakout star on Netflix’s American Barbeque Showdown. Although a newcomer to the competition side of BBQ, his culinary mantra “The basics perfected: Time, Temperature, and Technique” thrust Rasheed into the spotlight where he quickly became a fan favorite. Unsurprisingly, he soon cultivated a loyal social media base where his candid approach, humility, and personal charisma reached a wider audience. Learn more about Rasheed in our Barebones interview, on his website, and on Instagram.