Hori Hori Classic
First implemented in Japan, the Hori Hori Classic digging tool was originally used for careful and methodical excavating of plants, such as Sansai, in the mountains. Barebones’ unique take on this classic implement was designed with garden work in mind. Its rounded top and serrated sides make it ideal for scooping, digging, and pulling weeds. Equipped with a heat-tempered, hollowback blade, full stainless steel tang, and comfortable walnut handle, the Barebones Hori Hori Classic is the diverse garden tool you can use for a lifetime. Intentionally added twine cutter doubles as a bottle opener, so you can enjoy your choice of refreshing beverage after a hard day's work.
The Hori Hori Classic Sheath unites utility and design. Made of 900D polyester with an interior liner, it weathers real-world use while protecting the blade from dulling. Stainless steel belt clip supports easy carrying and accessibility, while the strong handle strap restricts the blade from slipping or moving. Open-end allows for easy cleaning and prevents soil buildup, preserving the blade for years of continued use.
Choose your Hori Hori Classic, Sheath, or Hori Hori Classic & Sheath from the selection above
- LFLinda F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… Hiking, Gardening, At home, ForagingRated 5 out of 5 stars11 seconds ago…classic multi purpose go-to
…bought this with my birthday discount and used it the same day it arrived to forage for some holiday branches in order to make a wreath… as per usual, excellent quality -made for years of use…DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- DRDale R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Product Aesthetic, Support SmallI use my Barebones product when I'm… Camping, Foraging, TravelingRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoHori Hori
Well made, excellent qualityDesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- JPJames P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I choose Barebones because... Customer Service, Support Small, Product AestheticI use my Barebones product when I'm… Gardening, In the yardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoThe Tool I Did Not Know I Needed
A true multi-tool for gardening and yardwork. I used it for weeding and planting bulbs this past weekend. The weekend prior I used it start pruning some of the thicker stemmed plants. I look forward to using it in the spring for setting up the garden. I really like the clip on the sheath as it allows me to carry and remove it easily versus removing my belt. Really well made and like that the tang goes right to the end of the grip as it will provide better strength.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- MMMagnolia M.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I choose Barebones because... Product Aesthetic, B Corp Certification, Quality Craftsmanship, Sustainability, Support SmallI use my Barebones product when I'm… Entertaining, Bushcrafting, Foraging, Gardening, Trailer/van campingRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoWORTH IT!! 🌿😍
This thing cuts like butter. I use it all the time and when I have it on my hip people think twice. It opens cans, beers and the earth like it's no problem.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- CHCarol H.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… GardeningRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoSerious tool for serious gardener!
I have owned several hori hori knives and sadly they have broken. This one is much better! I will have a hard time breaking it! I’ve been trying for 2 years now! Well made and the single best tool in my garden!DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
We Stand Behind Our Products
Barebones stands behind the quality of all of our products. Each item we make is meticulously thought out in-house by our team of passionate designers. We sell these products because we love them, we use them, and we want you to enjoy them too. They are meant to elevate your outdoor experience and withstand all normal rugged wear and tear.
We also consciously work with manufacturers that exceed our standards for excellence and safety. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order you are always welcome to use our 30 day return policy or let us know how we can make them better.