A tribute to a land rich with tradition, the Field Hatchet is rooted in heritage and enhanced by modern design. Crafted for precision, the blackened steel blade is complemented by the handsome hickory handle. Lightweight and compact, it proves indispensable in fireside work and field games. Includes sheath. Handle and head can be reset.
- MAMatthew A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I choose Barebones because... Customer Service, Support SmallI use my Barebones product when I'm… Bushcrafting, Camping, OtherRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoGreat product, even better customer service
This thing holds an edge really well and I've loved using it. Unfortunately I broke the back off trying to split a log. Barebones didn't even hesitate when I told them. They immediately sent me a replacement. I'm sold for life on their products now.DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- BBBruce Brown J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I choose Barebones because... Quality CraftsmanshipI use my Barebones product when I'm… In the yard, Open fire cookingRated 5 out of 5 stars10 months agoFeels good
I haven't really used it yet but it feels good in my handDesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- GMGary M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Customer Service, Humanitarian Work, Quality Craftsmanship, SustainabilityI use my Barebones product when I'm… At home, Camping, Gardening, In the yard, Open fire cookingRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoField hatchet
Great simple design and well madeDesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- GMGary M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I choose Barebones because... Humanitarian Work, Product Aesthetic, Support Small, Quality Craftsmanship, Customer ServiceI use my Barebones product when I'm… At home, Gardening, In the yardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoField Haachet
Well made , nicely designed and a good quality tool!!DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- LLongshadowVerified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I recommend this product YesI choose Barebones because... Quality Craftsmanship, Product AestheticI use my Barebones product when I'm… Bushcrafting, Camping, Open fire cooking, Traveling, HikingRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoRight Size + Handle Spares are Easy
Great addition to the woods running kit. I've been looking for a better fit to my kit than the (otherwise excellent) CRKT Chogun hawk that was simply too big to haul around on my belt.
Though my copy of the Barebones Field Hatchet came with a different handle (beech?) than the hickory one listed in these ads, it was an easy replacement with "no kidding" hickory. The standard 20 ounce and 24 ounce hammer handles available at any good hardware store are easily trimmed (see photo) to allow the 1055 carbon steel head to slide into place. In fact, the replacements I've made from those hammer handles "flair" better than the one supplied at time of purchase. And the "flair" is the same secure dimension on the shorter handle (20 ounce hammer size) as it is on the long handle (24 ounce hammer size), which allows me options for easy carry off trail, or for greater power when needed.
The handle replacement took care of the only problem I saw with the tool. The OEM handle seemed destined to fly off the end of the handle with vigorous use because of inadequate "flair" of the handle. I could see "daylight" in sections around the "eye" of the head when looking along the shaft from the top end, and that was after the head was jammed onto the handle at its maximum height. Sooner or later (in my opinion, of course) the head may have flown off during use.
With that fixed, I (slowly) created a 90 degree "spine" on the topmost edge of the hawk to use for scraping duties and for ferro…DesignRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
We Stand Behind Our Products
Barebones stands behind the quality of all of our products. Each item we make is meticulously thought out in-house by our team of passionate designers. We sell these products because we love them, we use them, and we want you to enjoy them too. They are meant to elevate your outdoor experience and withstand all normal rugged wear and tear.
We also consciously work with manufacturers that exceed our standards for excellence and safety. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order you are always welcome to use our 30 day return policy or let us know how we can make them better.